"'S Wonderful" is a popular jazz standard, composed by George Gershwin and written by Ira Gershwin. The song was introduced during the Broadwaymusical Funny Face (1927) by Adele Astaire and Allen Kearns.
The song was widely used for media productions, including the film An American in Paris, in which it was sung by Gene Kelly, and the American musical film Funny Face (1957) with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaireas singers. Also in Star elevator (1951), the song was sung by Doris Day. Further, the song was often played in music productions, mainly by jazz artists.
Other performers included Brian Wilson, Anita O'Day, Gene Kelly, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Joe Williams, John Pizzarelli, Karrin Allyson, Sarah Vaughan, Diana Krall and João Gilberto. Also instrumental, the song was often released by Dave Grusin, among others, Ray Conniff, Lee Konitz & Lennie Tristano, Sonny Stitt and Lionel Hampton & Oscar Peterson.
- Bing Crosby - The Bing Crosby CBS Radio Recordings (1954-56)
- Helen Merrill - Helen Merrill with Clifford Brown (1954)
- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the George and Ira Gershwin Songbook (1959)
- Skylab - Red Hot + Rhapsody (1998)
- Stacey Kent - Let Yourself Go (1999)
- Diana Krall - The Look of Love (2001)
- Rod Stewart - Stardust: The Great American Songbook Volume III (2004)
- Rita Reys - Live At Carré (2007)
- Brian Wilson Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin -(2010)