A Time 2 Love:Stevie Wonder
A Time to Love is a 2005 studio album by Stevie Wonder, his first since 1995's Conversation Peace. Originally to have been completed in 2004, it was finally released to stores on October 18, 2005, following an exclusive electronic release on Apple's iTunes Music Store on September 27. It is his 23rd official studio album.
The first single, issued in April 2005, was "So What the Fuss", which featured Prince on guitar and En Vogue on backing vocals. Follow-up singles included "Positivity" with his daughter Aisha Morris, "From the Bottom of My Heart", and "Shelter in the Rain".
The song "Shelter in the Rain" was in tribute to his first wife, singer Syreeta Wright, who died of cancer the year before this album was released. Wonder was quoted as saying he would've had Wright singing lead on "Shelter" had she have lived.
Wonder makes a brief reference to singer Minnie Riperton, in the song "Positivity".
|Los Angeles Times|||
|New York Times||mixed|
His first new studio album in a decade, the album was received with generally positive reviews, despite its having been delayed several times during the year of its release. In 2005, Stevie Wonder won the Best Male Pop Vocal Performance in the Grammy Awards for "From the Bottom of My Heart". This was his fourth win in this category. Stevie Wonder last won this award twenty-nine years earlier in 1976 for Songs in the Key of Life. His other wins in this category were in 1973 (You Are the Sunshine of My Life) and 1974 (Fulfillingness First Finale).
All songs written by Stevie Wonder, except where noted.
- "If Your Love Cannot Be Moved" (featuring Kim Burrell)
- "Sweetest Somebody I Know"
- "Moon Blue" (Wonder, Akosua Busia)
- "From the Bottom of My Heart"
- "Please Don't Hurt My Baby"
- "How Will I Know" (featuring Aisha Morris)
- "My Love Is on Fire" (featuring Hubert Laws on flute)
- "Passionate Raindrops"
- "Tell Your Heart I Love You"
- "True Love"
- "Shelter in the Rain" (featuring Kirk Franklin)
- "So What the Fuss" (featuring En Vogue on backing vocals and Prince on guitar)
- "Can't Imagine Love Without You"
- "Positivity" (featuring Aisha Morris)
- "A Time to Love" (featuring India.Arie, and Paul McCartney on guitar) (Wonder, India Arie Simpson)