Alexander's Ragtime Band
"Alexander's Ragtime Band"is a composition by Irving Berlin. It became his first hit in 1911. There are indications, without inconclusive supply, that Berlin would have derived from the melody to a tune that had submitted to a Publisher Scott Joplin . 
- Four different versions of the song scored respectively # 1, # 2, # 3 and # 4 in the charts of 1911.
- Bessie Smith's version came in the Top 20 in 1927.
- Louis Armstrong: Top 20 in 1937.
- A duet with Bing Crosby and Connee Boswell hit # 1 was in 1938.
- Johnny Mercer brought a swing version in 1945.
- Bing Crosby took another duet, this time with Al Jolson, and reached the Top 20 with it.
- Nellie Lutcher 1948.
- Bob Wills 1949?
- Ella Fitzgerald in 1958, she received a Grammy in 1959 for her Irving Berlin anthology.
- Ray Charles in 1959 for his album ' The Genius of Ray Charles '.