Altaria was a power metal band from Pietarsaari, Finland. They have released four full-length albums on the record label Metal Heaven.
In January 2008, the band decided to part ways with their record label Metal Heaven for undisclosed reasons. They are currently searching for a new record deal. Songs for a new album have been written which had originally been planned for release in late 2007; as soon a new contract with a record company is signed, work on the planned release will continue.
In the same month, bass player Marko Pukkila parted ways with the band after a disagreement concerning the split with Metal Heaven. His replacement is Ex-Terrorwheel bass player and current Altaria vocalist Marco Lupenero. This means that the only original member still active with Altaria is Tony Smedjebacka.
Towards the later part of 2008 the band announced on their website that they were in the process of writing songs for their fifth (fourth full) studio album. In March 2009, they stated that they had finished recording 12 tracks for their upcoming release. The title has yet to be confirmed, but one track has already been completed which is entitled "Pride and Desire".
- Marco Lupenero - Vocals, Bass (2006-Present)
- Juha Pekka Alanen – Guitar (2005–present) (formerly Celesty)
- Petri Aho – Guitar (2004 (live), 2006–present) (formerly Terrorwheel)
- Tony Smedjebacka – Drums (2000–present)
- Johan Mattjus – Vocals (2000–2001)
- Jouni Nikula – Vocals (2002–2003) (also Requiem)
- Erno "Emppu" Vuorinen – Guitars (2002–2004) (also Nightwish)
- Jani Liimatainen – Guitars, keyboards (2000–2005) (also Sonata Arctica)
- Taage Laiho – Vocals (2003–2006) (also Kilpi)
- Marko Pukkila – Bass guitar (2000–2008)