Andy Bennett (musician)
Bennett had his first break with his band The Elements (formerly known as Sergeant) which featured Tim Jacques, Lee Burn and Dave Casswell. The Elements regularly gigged throughout Birmingham earning them notoriety and resulting in them supporting Ocean Colour Scene. The band disbanded prior the the release of their debut album, The Elements.
Ocean Colour SceneEdit
Bennett joined Ocean Colour Scene in September 2004, replacing Damon Minchella. He has featured on the following albums.
- One for the Road (Ocean Colour Scene album)
- On the Leyline (2007)
- Live Acoustic at the Jam House
- Live at the Town Hall
Bennett co-wrote the song "Old Pair of Jeans" which was featured on the Saturday album, and the song was also praised in the digital fix review of the album. "It just gets better with every song a winner. The jaunty ‘Old Pair Of Jeans’ is rollicking fun: "I wish you didn't get hung up so easily / When you're bound fall apart you always fall apart at the seams / So worn and so torn..like an old pair of jeans." The song also featured on the 21 album.
Bennett has toured with Ocean Colour Scene since 2004.
Bennett is currently working on a solo project under the Brum Beat record label, and is planning to release a double A-side in February 2015 featuring the songs "Little Love" and "Hole in the Road". Bennett has performed his solo material with many different musicians including Al Harper, Richard Fedeski and Alfie Mahone.
Bennett hosts regular open mic nights on the Birmingham area supporting local talents including Matty Coles, Stu Jennings, Sam Rogers and Alfie Mahone.
Bennett currently resides in Solihull. He is an advocate for live music and supports Birmingham City F.C.
- ↑ Template:Dead link
- ↑ "Stay on the scene – Independent, The (London) – Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19970808/ai_n14123393. Retrieved 2014-08-24.
- ↑ Oceancolourtheme : Simon Fowler Profile : Ocean Colour Scene. Blue-whaleproductions.com (1965-05-25). Retrieved on August 24, 2014. http://www.brianyeates.co.uk/Party-Bands/Andy-Bennett/663
- ↑ Ocean Colour Scene - Saturday. Music @ The Digital Fix. Retrieved on December 17, 2014.