Bob Marley & the Wailers
Bob Marley & The Wailers (original Wailers ) was a Jamaican reggae band , founded by Bob Marley . The band started when Peter Tosh in 1963, Neville Livingston ( Bunny Wailer ) and Robert Nesta Marley (Bob Marley) met. At the end of 1963, Junior Braithwaite, Beverley Kelso and Cherry Smith had joined the Wailers. After Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer left The Wailers Bob Marley in 1974 began touring with new band members. His new band consisted of brothers Carlton and Aston Barrett , Junior Marvin, Al Anderson, Tyrone Downie, Earl Lindo and Alvin Patterson. The I Threes , consisting of Marley's wife Rita Marley , Marcia Griffiths and Judy Mowatt , provided the background vocals.
The Wailers Peter Tosh arose when in 1963 Bob Marley and Neville Livingston met and taught them to play. Guitars, keyboards and percussion At the end of 1963 also had Junior Braithwaite, Beverley Kelso and Cherry Smith joined the band. They were known as The Teenagers, The Wailing Rudeboys and The Wailing Wailers until they finally called The Wailers assumptions. In 1966, Braithwaite, Kelso and Smith had left the band, so it was back in the original trio Livingston, Marley and Tosh.
Some of their most successful songs were recorded with Lee "Scratch" Perry and his studio band The Upsetters . In the beginning of 1970 and began Carlton Aston Barrett , two members of The Upsetters, to authorize the Wailers and instrumental backup Wailers Band . 
The band took pioneering ska and reggae songs such as "Simmer Down", "Trenchtown Rock", "Nice Time", "War", "Stir It Up" and " Get Up, Stand Up .
In 1974, The Wailers broke up because of Tosh and Livingston's refusal to tour. Marley was when Bob Marley & The Wailers, with himself as guitarist, songwriter and lead singer, the Wailers Band as accompanying band and the I Threes as backup singers.
- Bob Marley - guitar, vocals (1963-1981, deceased in 1981)
- Peter Tosh - guitar, keyboards, vocals (1963-1974, deceased in 1987)
- Bunny Wailer - percussion, vocals (1963-1974)
- Cherry Smith - backing vocals (1963-1966, deceased in 2008)
- Beverley Kelso - backing vocals (1963-1965)
- Junior Braithwaite - vocals (1963-1964, deceased in 1999)
- Constantine Walker - background vocals (1966-1967)
- Hugh Malcolm - drums, percussion (1967-1972)
- Aston Barrett - bass guitar (1970-1981)
- Carlton Barrett - drums, percussion (1970-1981, deceased in 1987)
- Earl Lindo - keyboards (1973-1981)
- Alvin Patterson - percussion (1974-1981)
- Rita Marley - backing vocals (1974-1981)
- Marcia Griffiths - backing vocals (1974-1981)
- Judy Mowatt - backing vocals (1974-1981)
- Al Anderson - guitar (1974-1975, 1978-1981)
- Tyrone Downie - keyboards, percussion, backing vocals (1976-1981)
- Junior Marvin - guitar, backing vocals (1977-1981)