2007–2013: The formation of Daydream CatapultEdit
Elle Bijet and Tom Johnson first met at a local songwriters Meetup in July of 2007. In 2008, they teamed up as Güerosmith, a Spanish-language acoustic cover act, playing at a few restaurants before their focus gradually shifted to original material. They met Chris Ray in June 2009 at an open mic hosted by Nashville's Bluebird Cafe. Ray and Bijet soon began co-writing songs (as well as dating), while Johnson undertook to create complementary guitar parts for some of Ray's instrumental pieces and to support Ray and Bijet's duets. Collaboration between the two guitarists continued long-distance during Johnson's two-year stint in Austin, Texas, and intensified following his return to Nashville in the summer of 2012. At this point, Ray and Bijet had been married for a year, composed several songs together, and were performing locally as a duo, "Chris Ray and Elle Bijet." Within a few months, Johnson became a regular guest performer at their shows until finally integrating as a full member of the band. In 2014, the trio adopted the name Daydream Catapult.
2014–2015: Catnip Edit
Musical style and influencesEdit
The band's sound evolves from song to song. The group releases singles instead of albums and does this to remain free in their creativity process. Executive Producer Carey James encourages the many different sounds the band finds from song to song.
- Current members
- Elle Bijet – vocals, songwriter
- Chris Ray ;– guitar, vocals, percussion, keyboard, MIDI programming, songwriter
- Tom Johnson – guitar, vocals, songwriter
- Template:Official website
- "Dave Tough". http://www.davetough.com/news.php.+March 2015. http://www.davetough.com/news.php. Retrieved 2015-05-01.
- "American Crime". http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/news/shows/american-crime.+March 2015. http://abc.go.com/music-lounge/news/shows/american-crime. Retrieved 2015-05-01.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. The original content was at Daydream Catapult. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.(view authors).|