Equal Vision Records
|Equal Vision Records|
|Distributing label|| RED|
(in the US)
(in Australia & New Zealand)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||Albany, New York|
Equal Vision Records is a record label based in Albany, New York, which has a focus in metal or punk-based rock genres. Equal Vision Records was founded in the early 1990s by Ray Cappo (Youth of Today, Shelter, Better Than a Thousand).
The label originally existed solely to distribute Shelter and other Krishna releases. In 1992, label manager Steve Reddy bought EVR from Cappo. The focus was expanded and a wider variety of bands were brought on board. According to Punk News, "The mid-to-late '90s saw a redoubling of the Equal Vision's hardcore efforts with such signings as One King Down and Ten Yard Fight. By the end of the '90s EVR found itself with an impressive stable of hardcore and punk bands, having added Bane, Trial, Converge and Saves the Day to its roster in the latter part of the decade."
Sublabels and DistributionEdit
In 2012 EVR artist Max Bemis (of Say Anything) created an imprint label named Rory Records, distributed by EVR. TALLHART is the first artist of this imprint. On June 19, it was announced that Equal Vision Records and Casey Crescenzo of The Dear Hunter would be forming a partnership. Casey has been given his own imprint label: Cave & Canary Goods.
EVR switched back its distribution of physical and digital releases in the US to RED Distribution since January 23, 2012, after many years with Alternative Distribution Alliance. In May 2013, EVR ink a partnership with UNFD to manufacture, promote and distribute EVR releases in Australia and New Zealand. Prior to the partnership, EVR has shared several artist with UNFD for distribution in both coverages, such as Say Anything, We Came as Romans and House Vs. Hurricane.
Mantralogy bands Edit
See also Edit
- ↑ http://www.punknews.org/labels/equalvision
- ↑ Equal Vision Creates Sub-Label
- ↑ http://www.redmusic.com/?p=1555
- ↑ http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/05/22/unfd-ink-deal-with-equal-vision-records/
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2847312
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/brian_marquis_signs_with_equal_vision_records_announces_new_album
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/brian_marquis_equal_vision_records_streams_new_song_from_boston
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/capsize_sign_to_equal_vision_records_release_new_video
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/elitist_sign_to_equal_vision_records
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3432851
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2724352
- ↑ http://www.equalvision.com/news/show/944
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3701783
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/idlehands_signs_to_equal_vision_imprint_headphone_music_release_mellow_chri
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2316211
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2317712
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3697706
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/northern_faces_sign_to_equal_vision_records
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3231811
- ↑ lambgoat.com (2008-11-06). Equal Vision Records Sign Closure In Moscow. Retrieved on November 6, 2008.
- ↑ UK Solo Artist Ed Tullett sign to Equal Vision Records. Retrieved on November 2, 2012.