I Dig Everything (single):David Bowie
"I Dig Everything" is a single by David Bowie.
Released in 1966, the track was originally demoed with Bowie's touring band, The Buzz, but Tony Hatch was unhappy with their efforts, and replaced them with session players. The song was performed in 1966-67 as a rewritten version by 1-2-3 (later Clouds), which David heard played at The Marquee club in early 1967. The single was another commercial failure, and was Bowie's last recording on Pye. Stronger efforts were made both lyrically and musically with their impact heightened by a characteristic Tony Hatch production. These songs figured heavily in Bowie's live set, and while sales were still negligible, a recognisable style was emerging in his music.
The song was re-recorded 34 years later for Bowie's unreleased album Toy.
Written by David Bowie.
- "I Dig Everything" - 2:45
- "I'm Not Losing Sleep" – 2:52
- It was released as the B-side of the Spanish picture sleeve reissue of "Can't Help Thinking About Me" in 1972.
- Pye also released the single with a picture sleeve in Spain September 1972, but this version had "I Dig Everything" as the B-side.
- It also appeared on the following compilations