Lost In The Riots
Lost In The Riots are a four-piece instrumental post rock band hailing from Watford, United Kingdom, a town famous for producing modern hardcore rock acts such as Gallows, Lower Than Atlantis, and Sikth.
The band formed in late 2010 after current guitarists James Cook and Adam Edwards had shown a mutual interest in each other’s previous musical projects.
The quartet released their first EP titled Sinking Ships in October 2011, with current drummer Andy Curd and bassist Robbie Parmenter joining the group.
The band went on to tour parts of the UK including a prestigious support slot with the critically acclaimed math rock band Tera Melos in Leicester, as well as concerts in Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, London, Brighton, and Chichester.
In June 2012, the band embarked on a short tour across parts of Europe, playing in Jena, Germany, as well as Paris, Bordeaux, Brussels, and Leiden, Netherlands. The band has since toured Europe a further two times, reaching locations further afield including Prague, Czech Republic, and Copenhagen, Denmark.
In February 2013, the band released their self-recorded and self-produced debut album Stranger in the Alps.
The record was later picked up by start-up Watford based music label Lonely Voyage who would then go on to co-finance and produce the band’s sophomore album Move On, Make Trails released in June 2014.
The band’s music is characterised by typical rock instrumentation whilst abandoning traditional song structuring, a typical characteristic of post rock music. The band has frequently been compared to notable instrumental rock bands And So I Watch You From Afar, Maybeshewill, and Explosions in the Sky.
- James Cook (Guitar)
- Adam Edwards (Guitar)
- Andy Curd (Drums)
- Robbie Parmenter (Bass)
- Stranger in the Alps (Lonely Voyage Records) (February 2013)
- Move On, Make Trails (Lonely Voyage Records) (June 2014)
- Sinking Ships (EP) (Self-Released) (October 2011)
- ↑ Interview with Lost in the Riots. Sludgelord. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ Introducing Lost in the Riots EP Special. Circuit Sweet. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ Tera Melos at Cookie. Songkick. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ Move on, Make Trails Tour. Lonely Voyage. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ LVRC001 Move On, Make Trails Announced Pre Order. Lonely Voyage. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ 'Kong' Official Video. Youtube. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ If dancing, suited primates in headphones and sunglasses is your thing, have a look at my friends new music video. Twitter. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ Happy to announce that the Truckers' Choice act you chose was Lost in the Riots and they join the bill for our Hill Farm extravaganza! Who's ready????. Facebook.
- ↑ Mega congratulations to these bands for being picked by our various channels to #JoinTheBarnival. Facebook. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.
- ↑ Arctangent 2013. eFestivals. Retrieved on June 24, 2014.