Machine Head (band)
Machine Head is an American metal band from Oakland, California. Formed on October 12, 1991, the group was founded by vocalist and guitarist Robb Flynn and bassist Adam Duce. The current lineup of the band comprises Flynn, drummer Dave McClain, guitarist Phil Demmel, and bassist Jared MacEachern. Machine Head is one of the pioneering bands in the New Wave of American Heavy Metal.
Machine Head was formed by member Robb Flynn, previously part of the bands Forbidden and Vio-lence. Flynn felt musically unfulfilled with Vio-lence and requested to start a side project. When his request was denied, he left the band and formed Machine Head in 1991 with Adam Duce, Logan Mader and Tony Constanza. The band's first album Burn My Eyes, was a big success in Europe where it garnered attention on MTV's Headbangers Ball. In America (with HBB taken off the air during the grunge movement) Machine Head would not have success until later albums.
The band nearly disbanded in 2002 after negotiating off its label Roadrunner Records, when controversy surrounding Machine Head's fourth album Supercharger (released 3 weeks after September 11, 2001) resulted in their songs and music video for the song "Crashing Around You" (which featured burning buildings) being pulled from all media outlets. The band re-signed with Roadrunner soon after and has released three albums since, 2003's Through the Ashes of Empires, 2007's The Blackening (which earned Machine Head its first Grammy Award nomination) and 2011's Unto the Locust. Machine Head have sold over 3 million records worldwide.
- Burn My Eyes (1994)
- The More Things Change... (1997)
- The Burning Red (1999)
- Supercharger (2001)
- Through the Ashes of Empires (2003)
- The Blackening (2007)
- Unto the Locust (2011)
- Bloodstone & Diamonds (2014)
- ↑ Strong, Martin C. (October 20, 1998). The Great Rock Discography (page 16). Crown Publishing. ISBN 0-8129-3111-4.
- ↑ Larkin, Colin (1995). The Guinness Encyclopedia of Popular Music (page 2655). Guinness Publishing. ISBN 1-56159-237-4.
- ↑ Machine Head. Machinehead1.com. Retrieved on October 22, 2011.
- ↑ 'New Wave Of American Heavy Metal' Book Documents Over 600 Bands. Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved on April 27, 2008.
- ↑ Shoegazer ross. LAMB OF GOD - Burn The Priest. Metal Express Radio. Retrieved on May 6, 2008.
- ↑ Tickets for Robb Flynn Of Machine Head : Acoustic Performance | Roxy Theatre at TicketWeb. Ticketweb.com (2013-01-21). Retrieved on April 19, 2014.