Mountain Goats, The
Headquarters: Various Locations around the US
Includes Members ofEdit
John Darnielle has been performing with and without various people as the Mountain Goats since 1991, and has put out many, many releases, many of the early ones were recorded on a boombox with a particular gear-grind noise running throughout. Many of the albums are not all recorded on this boombox, but he would mix boombox songs with studio songs and radio sessions. In 2002, he signed to 4AD, and put out songs recorded exclusively in the studio, although still with a lo-fi sound.
- The Sunset Tree
- We Shall All Be Healed
- Protein Source of the Future...Now!
- Bitter Melon Farm
- All Hail West Texas
- The Coroner's Gambit
- Full Force Galesburg
- Nothing For Juice
- Zopilote Machine
- Beautiful Rat Sunset
- Nine Black Poppies
- New Asian Cinema
- Isopanisad Radio Hour
- On Juhu Beach
- Devil in the Shortwave
- Babylon Springs
- Songs for Petronius
- Chile de Arbol
- Why You All So Thief (split with Simon Joyner)
- Orange Raja, Blood Royal (with Alastair Galbraith)
- Songs for Peter Hughes
- Songs About Fire
- Tropical Depression (split with Furniture Huschle)
- "Jam Eater Blues"
- "See America Right"
- "Palmcorder Yajna"
- "Letter from Belgium"
- Jay And Faye 7" (unreleased outside of online)
- Thirteen Ugly Children Roll Gutterballs
- Past The Barber and Gymnasium
- Jeff Bridges... I Don't Need No Jeff Bridges To Put Music To My Poem!
- Dub Club: It's Raining Again - Matt
- Dub Club: Matt's 2005 Best Of -- Streets Named For New England Trees
- Happy Birthday Dad
- I Should Not Be Allowed To Touch Anything: The Best Of The Mountain Goats
- Pray For My TV Show
- And A Bumper Sticker That Says "No Other Possibility"
- August Mix