Sealed With a Kiss
Sealed with a Kiss is the title of a song written by Peter Udell and Gary money. The song has a romantic character. The song text tells of a person who fell in love with his beloved all summer long will not see and will miss, but that they are always in his thoughts will continue and that he hopes to see her again in september.
The Four Voices in 1960 were the first performers who released the song as a single, but they reached the charts with the song. Brian Hyland In 1962 gave a single out with the implementation of Udell, and money that have became popular. On various charts, including the Billboard Hot 100 and the UK Singles Chart it came in third place to stand. At a later reissue in 1975 it came in seventh place in the United Kingdom .Hyland also recorded a German-language version of the song.
Performances of others, such as Gary Lewis and the playboys in 1968 and in 1972 Bobby Vinton came also in charts. The Bobby Vinton version was used in the trailer and end credits of the film All the Boys Love Mandy Lane by 2007, with Amber Heard in the lead role.
Jason Donovan came In 1989 for two weeks at the top of the UK Singles Chart with his version that was part of his debut album Ten Good Reasons. He Later recorded the song for his album Let It Be Me by 2008.
Include the following artists have also created a performance of this song:
- Agnetha Fältskog (in 2004 for her album, My Colouring Book )
- Shelley Fabares
- The Flying Pickets
- The Glitter Band
- The Happenings
- Christine Lavin
- Albert West (1993)
- Samuel Hui (1990)
- The Lettermen (1965 for their album Hit Sounds of The Lettermen)
- Spanky and Our Gang
- Gábor Szabó (1969)
- The Toys (1968)
- Bobby Vee (1968 for his album Just Today)
- The Shadows (1990, for their last album Reflection before they went out in december 1990)
- Laurent Voulzy (2006), a French singer who translated the song into French under the title "Derniers Baisers (last Kiss)" for his album La Septième Vague.
- The first French-language version "Derniers baisers" was issued in October 1962 by the French band Les Chats Sauvages.
- Andreas Tsoukalas (1994) translated the song into Greek under the title "Antio" for his second LP & CD "Mia kainouria mera" by LYRA Records in Greece.
- Chris de Burgh (2008 for his album Footsteps)