Sweet Passion:Aretha Franklin
Sweet Passion is the twenty-fifth studio album by American singer Aretha Franklin, Released on May 19, 1977 by Atlantic Records. Following a brief resurgence in Aretha's sales with the Gold-certified success of her 1976 soundtrack album, Sparkle, Aretha paired up with famed Motown producerLamont Dozier, to produce Sweet Passion. It was, however, a commercial and critical failure. The album's one single, "Break It To Me Gently", peaked at #85 and dropped off the Hot 100 after only two weeks, although it topped the Billboard R&B Singles Chart. This recording was released on compact disc in Europe in 2008.
- "Break It To Me Gently" (Marvin Hamlisch, Carole Bayer Sager) 3:21(#1 R&B/85 Pop)
- "When I Think About You" (Aretha Franklin) 4:46
- "What I Did for Love" (Marvin Hamlisch, Edward Kleban) 5:17
- "No One Could Ever Love You More" (Lamont Dozier) 3:36
- "A Tender Touch" (Aretha Franklin) 3:58